my hatchery comparison - McMurray, Nature's, MPC & Ideal

I got an order from ideal a week ago. They sent me one extra chick and since there all white birds they used a different dye color to mark the separate birds heads. They marked my cockerels with a green dot and my meat birds with a blue dot. I didn't even ask them but it sure was cool and helpful. Not a single DOA but I did have a deformed meat cornish who had a tiny lower beak and he could not feed. I emailed ideal and they took care of it instantly. They now have a customer for life.

Just a though after reading through this thread: Any hatchery sell mailorder would be wise to read this forum and learn from it. Threads like this could be killers to a business if they didn't make adjustments according to the criticism.

Might as well throw in my 2 cents:

I recently placed an order with Cackle Hatchery. Customer service was great, they were very helpful. We ordered 25 chicks, received 27. All arrived alive and "healthy" that day, however we got a slip stating that the one of the breeds we wanted was out of stock, and sorry for the wrong number being sent. I was a bit ticked as the only reason we ordered was for this specific breed, and threw in the others to make up the shipping minimums. When we called them they said that the entire batch of the chicks we wanted didn't hatch, and were bad that they'd refund the money on the missed chicks.... We still ended up with our 25 birds + 2, so our numbers evened out. Looking at pictures it LOOKS like they sent us the birds we wanted, but they told us they didn't have?? I guess we'll see as they grow up. We did loose 4 chicks, no idea why but a week since arrival date the rest look to be doing well. I can't blame the hatchery for the loss of the 4-- it's a fact of life in any young animal, not everyone will make it.

I'd give Cackle another shot if they had something I wanted.

Back
Top Bottom