My hatching eggs and their countries game

I will get a pic of the chicks out, (after my coffee this morning.) The 3 (pretty ladies group eggs, Silky mixes, USA) that hatched were from a different farm, than the others I tried to hatch (wyandottes), none of the other countries made it.

I currently have 17 from and even different farm, (all have been local) on day 8 they are also from a fridge, but I got them before they were in the fridge long. (Spin the wheel group.)

*Hopi I helped the top part of the egg, and Ieft her in the lower part. She was really sticky. I brought her egg in and warm washed her sticky head, but she was very weak. I put her back in incubator, and she made it out of the lower half more but then gave up. (died.)

Here are the 3 that did, with George. George was the smallest, but is now caring for these 3.
Black chick to the back- Comfort. Black chick to the front Colleen. Gray chick to the back is Matilda.
20231004_090403.jpg
20231004_090440.jpg

Ok, so they are just hatching eggs, I did get them from a friend who lives 10 miles from me. She has wyandottes (blue) hens and some wyandotte mixed hens. They laid these eggs...

View attachment 3634285
I know they are fertile, because they weren't refrigerated, and they have a bunch of roosters, their roosters are BLRW, and wyandotte mixes, as well as Isbar, and BCM pures and mixes.
I thought I would do something fun with the eggs, besides hatch them and since they were a combo of wyandotte (Native American), Isbar (Swedish), and BCM (French) I thought I would divide them up between the 3 groups, (even though all the eggs are the same,) and we can celebrate each group. (I am related to all groups so extra fun for me.)
First group below is...Native American group...Since wyandottes came from the NA name Wendot, I gave them NA tribe names.
View attachment 3634289
Cheyenne, Sioux-we will or can call Sue even if a boy... Wynnie short for Wyandotte, and Hopi- we can also call Hope.

Below we have the representatives for the Isbar group...The Swedes...
View attachment 3634290
Elsa, Freya-yes, Freya is a Swedish girl name also, Erik, and Alex- For Alexander Skarsgard.

And last but not least we have the French...
View attachment 3634292
Margo- I know the French spell it Margaux, but she didn't want the teacher to pronounce her name- "Margo-x" in class, in front of everyone..., Pierre- no giggling, Marie, and Louis.
They are going in the incubator.
Just incase you were wondering they were $6 for the doz.

This can be like the Olympics, wave a flag for a country, America, Sweden, or France, or wave at a certain egg you have a crush on, or cheering for.
That's awesome

I will get a pic of the chicks out, (after my coffee this morning.) The 3 (pretty ladies group eggs, Silky mixes, USA) that hatched were from a different farm, than the others I tried to hatch (wyandottes), none of the other countries made it.

I currently have 17 from and even different farm, (all have been local) on day 8 they are also from a fridge, but I got them before they were in the fridge long. (Spin the wheel group.)

*Hopi I helped the top part of the egg, and Ieft her in the lower part. She was really sticky. I brought her egg in and warm washed her sticky head, but she was very weak. I put her back in incubator, and she made it out of the lower half more but then gave up. (died.)
I’m so sorry about Hopi! :hit
Here are the 3 that did, with George. George was the smallest, but is now caring for these 3.
Black chick to the back- Comfort. Black chick to the front Colleen. Gray chick to the back is Matilda. View attachment 3651752View attachment 3651754
Awwww, George is being a nice big brother! That’s exciting that they are part silkie. I can definitely see it in them.
Matilda has such a pretty color!

*Hopi I helped the top part of the egg, and Ieft her in the lower part. She was really sticky. I brought her egg in and warm washed her sticky head, but she was very weak. I put her back in incubator, and she made it out of the lower half more but then gave up. (died.
I'm so sorry about Hopi. :(

Back
Top Bottom