My Hatching Journey: the Adventures of a Complete Newbie

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BantyChooks, Jan 26, 2016.

1. yes you do you saw veins and movement . that is worth more than a thousand pictures . very cold time of the year and a lot of us have had a problem with infertile eggs . so you may too. But wasn't what you saw so cool . really in darker eggs all you can look for is a changing or cloudy look to the egg . starting at the air cell going toward the bottom . since I don't do air cells and humidity is so high here I don't even look until look down . when dry is as low as you can go [​IMG].whats the point. with my box candlers just look from the bottom I san see all the way through . .and only because you are unsure would I candle on day ten . whatever you get it will be you that gets it . we can talk and talk but you do the hatch and gain the experience .[​IMG] start if you are not already planning the next one . best get to my daily chores [​IMG]

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

3. Don't want to fill pages but Phil That was Great right down to the spark plug sounded like something I would do. Good story Really good story[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    That was a great story, Phil! I'm glad the part with the plane turned out okay.

5. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Somebody taking after you with the awesome adventure stories. I love em!

6. Well he is very good . I have to go there for Ice fishing one day and meet Phil . so I better get my stuff done . never gonna get there [​IMG]just in case I forgot

7. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

:hugs back atcha! Looks like we all need a Phil guided ice fishing tour. He sure knows how to find the good holes.

8. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil Flock Master

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    no comment...or complaints.....;)

9. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    336 hours and 52 minute update: All 13 still look good, saw some great movement in a few, which was fun. Air cells look a little on the small side, so I dropped the humidity to 30% When I check again for lockdown Thursday, I'll decide if they need another day and maybe lockdown Friday instead.

10. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil Flock Master

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    :confused:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by