My Heart Is Broken. My Poor Little Chicks And Mom Murdered.

hit.gif
I AM SO SORRY I WOULD BE TORE TO PIECES IF ANYTHING HAPPEN TO MY GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THAT SO BAD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hugs.gif
I am so sorry about your loss. They were absolutely adorable
love.gif

I had the same thing happen to me last summer. A possum got in and killed two of four chicks, ate part of the momma's comb off, and scared Henrietta, my BO, so much she opened the gate to the run. I heard her squawking the whole way across the yard. It was about 4:00 A.M. I went to the coop and found the possum in there, or else I'm sure there would have been much more harm done.

sorry to hear about your loss.. we recently lost 8 ourselfs.. had chicks in bacement in one of those cardboard corrals(chick starter kit for tsc) and someone left basement door open.. well my collie went down while we were all gone and killed 7 injured one real bad(lost her 2 days later) and left one alone.. i know how you feel... so sorry

Wow, we are very sorry to hear of that. Are there Fisher Cats in your area? They are the largest of the weasel family and absolutely viscious, pure killers. We have them here (SW Washington) but not in abundance, they are a protected species here.... but then so our dogs, cats and chickens. We have to keep our coop strong and tight. Don't give up, try again, maybe with some hot wire.
wink.png

Quote:
No there are not any of those in these parts of Alabama. I looked them up and they look straight mean. Dont need them around here.

I had never heard of fishers until someone on here mentioned them and I looked them up. Virginia didn't used to have them, but they are now coming over from the mountains of West Virginia. They are only in four counties in Virginia, all of which border West Virginia, one of which is mine! That is the scariest critter I ever saw. I don't want them in my state, much less my county.

Back
Top Bottom