My HEN bit my cat

sewchick

One Handy Chick
15 Years
Jan 7, 2009
Maine
Tilly bit the cat. It was not very nice either. She took some fur and a little skin too! OHHH that mean chicken. I was petting the cat and Tilda came out of nowhere and bit the cat then chased her. What a bully. I am beginning to get a little annoyed with her.
somad.gif
rant.gif
I will probably have to do something if it happens again. Usually the cat stays clear of the hens. Molly likes attention THAT darn hen is jealous of that cat. She is just mean. I would never had thought a hen would bite a cat. Poor sweet little Molly cat.

Poor Molly! My Pumpkin feels her pain...when we first put the chickies outside, Pumpkin was curious and walked up to the run and tried to sniff at the chickens a little bit. One of the little roos sniffed back at Pumpkin, and then pecked his nose...HARD! Poor kitty jumped backwards and kept his distance from that run for quite a while! Then about 2 weeks ago I let the chickens free range for a little while under my supervision. Pumpkin was laying in the grass sunbathing, and out of the blue, Layla (leghorn pullet) walked right up to him and pecked his leg for no reason at all.
idunno.gif
Mean chickens!

I used to feed my Maine Coon Cat(2xthe size of a chicken) outside. Then my Buff Orp decided the it was HER food. I now have a cat the will NOT go outside and a chicken that looks for cat food everyday in her routine.

My chickens took the Rat Terrier's food. They love dog food, especially pedigree canned food. Needless to say my Terrier, Micro, is fed far, far away from them. LOL!

Hi,

Aw-w-w, poor kitty!
sad.png

Yes, the chickens do intimidate the cats. Here is one of my cats looking at them with great skepticism:

10514_henscat.jpg

They have never done anything to her but she must instinctively know they could.

Good luck!
smile.png
Genie

Back
Top Bottom