My hen can’t walk!

Pics
On the blueberry trail and looking good!!
She has a way to go, but definitely making progress which is great to see. Is she seeing OK? I got the feeling from the video that her sight may be slightly affected too, which is not uncommon with Marek's. If so, hopefully she will make progress with that too over time.
sorry for the late response. She seems to be seeing ok. She can find the tiniest bits of treats that have fallen. Maybe though.

I don’t know if this if from the same thing that Einstein has, but I lost one of my other bantam gals today. She was normal this morning, and I walked into the coop to find her dead on the floor. This was my first loss that I accually saw the body afterwards, and it was absolutely heartbreaking.
Einstein still can’t walk, but she has a great appetite and she is as lively as ever. She loves her weekly baths!
9E80FCF1-0219-4367-BB6B-ABD625488A9B.jpeg

This is the girl who passed today. Her name was Toby. She was such a sweet girl.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs What a beautiful girl she was! Sadly, if I am right and Einstein has Marek's Disease, then it is highly likely that Toby died from it. It can cause visceral tumours which grow very rapidly and if they are located on a vital organ like the heart, it can cause sudden death. The only way to know for sure would be to send Toby's body off for a necropsy.
Good to hear that Einstein is still full of vitality, but a little disappointed that she is not making more progress with her mobility and coordination, but it is still early days and it took a good month of physical therapy for my girl Joy, to make significant progress.
thank you. I just hope it was quick and painless. I don't think a necropsy is a option for me at the moment because I know it would be expensive, and i already buried her.
Yes, i am a bit disappointed about her lack of progress too, but I don mind too much as long as she is happy and eating well. She is doing pretty well with her physical therapy, but still hasn't made much progress since the last posted video. I will keep working with her, and hopefully she will gain more coordination soon.
I have noticed that she is still extremely skinny, even though she has been eating well, so i added a bit of scratch and grit to her diet this morning because i know it is high in carbohydrates. I have also continued feeding her an egg nearly every day for added protein and vitamins.

Back
Top Bottom