Greystone farm

Songster
Jul 7, 2020
Hey! My hen Myrdle is acting a bit off. She seems lethargic and quiet. She is also panting a bit and has a pale waddle and comb, but that is probably just the heat. I isolated her with some food and water just to be safe, and she hasn't pooped a lot that I've seen since then. Don't know how much they normally poop though so...? Any help is appreciated! Thanks

The one pic is of the skin under her feathers..I dunno if its just dust or mites/lice on her skin.
Otherwise she looks pretty good other then maybe some heat stress, but has only pooped that once in the past hour, that I know of. She has been sleeping on my lap as I research, and Myrdle rarely is that snuggly. She is normally more prone to flapping or running off, but not today. Over all, I'm probably just being and overprotective hen momma :) but thx for any help

Attachments

• IMG_20200812_124442.jpg
    IMG_20200812_124442.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 7
  • merdfeather.jpeg
    merdfeather.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 7
  • merdymerd.jpeg
    merdymerd.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 6
  • merdy.jpeg
    merdy.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 6
  • merdterd.jpg
    merdterd.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 5
Should I put her back in with the others? She is still seeming quite tired. I might try free-ranging her to see how she moves with more space.

I am thinking she is just very heat stressed so she is currently chilling inside where it is cooler. I havent seen her drink much though...

Back
Top Bottom