My Hen is not eating food or drinking, and is pooping out blood, help

It's very deadly! I don't know how long your girl has been like this, but she could die any minute/hour/day. Is there another vet near u that u could take her?? I feel so terrible for u!!!

It's been a day but she ate little food and more water yesterday. I took her to a vet near my house (which is good) and it was closed. If my hen stays alive till morning i could take her to that vet.

Not sure if my flock is molting or not or have another issue going on. I've been giving them more protein ., such as meal worms & cat food in their diet along w/ oyster shell, due to 1 hen having very weak egg shells. Skin was red now a light pink, showing new plumage coming e in I have 17 hens & 1 rooster. Gave away 2 roosters due to them being very aggressive. They have a 10X10 walk in coop W/ several hen laying boxes W/ hay and several roosting perches. Have pine and cedar shavings in coop. I want to spray coop W/ pesticide, however afraid that may harm them instead. What could be the problem?

Go to the feed store and buy some CORID.
It cures cocci.

You should have her poop tested though to know if you are dealing with cocci or worms.

What is her normal diet...what do you feed her?

Water is the most important thing right now.
Electrolyte water is even better.
Dip a tip in water and let it drip on her beak til she swallows it.
scramble up an egg and see if she will eat that.

Sadly, I dont have a tube. I could wait till morning and take her to a vet, she ate a little yesterday and drank lot of water but now today she didnt even eat a little bit, i took her to a vet but it was closed please... pray for the hen to stay alive till tommorow so i can take her to a vet :( :( :( :( :( :( :( i have seprated her from my other hen the other hen was doing fine but same as her she was not eating or drinking much.
Separate her, keep warm,quite with food and water. If you treat them with corrid you should see improvement with in 24hrs.

Back
Top Bottom