My hen is not moving

fivelittlehens1

In the Brooder
Sep 6, 2022
My hen, 2 1/2 year old olive egger is not moving the last 2 days she was having a hard time balancing on their roost bar but she was still walking around just acting slow. My flock is molting and all of them are dropping feathers except for her. Today I found her laying on the floor of the coop puffed up and sleeping. Her comb and waddles have been pale/white since yesterday. She’s not standing on her own I brought her in and put her in a crate with food and electrolyte water. Her crop has food in it.she feels a little light though. Any recommendations or advice are greatly appreciated thank you!

Attachments

• 0EB2584A-DCA7-487B-B239-106D698A9229.jpeg
    0EB2584A-DCA7-487B-B239-106D698A9229.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 42
How does her crop feel—full and firm or puffy? Can you check it first thing in the morning to see if it empties overnight? Can you give her sips of electrolytes, Pedialyte, or a little sugar water? Offer some cooked bits of egg and watery chicken feed, but no whole grains until checking her crop tomorrow. Does she have any lice or mites on her skin, under her vent, belly, or elsewhere? How does her vent look? Has she lash eggs recently?

Her crop was definitely full last night when she went to bed I fed her some blueberries. The crop right now feels like its half full with some feed. She is currently sleeping I was able to give her a little electrolyte water. And she has also pooped a little which looks normal.

Back
Top Bottom