My hen is obsessed with me!...

She's very ignorant at times šŸ™ƒ My rooster saw 3 hawks flying above and let out the alarm call, the three other hens froze and watched the hawks, but she completely ignored him and continued to peck at the ground. And no, she's not deaf because she always responds to the treat bottle.

She's very ignorant at times šŸ™ƒ My rooster saw 3 hawks flying above and let out the alarm call, the three other hens froze and watched the hawks, but she completely ignored him and continued to peck at the ground. And no, she's not deaf because she always responds to the treat bottle.
That's the problem with this kind of human-obsessed chickens. They ignore the warning signals of their flock mates and wait for their human to take action, all the while they crane their neck to watch your every movement instead of running for cover.

And sadly, that's why very often the lap chicken is the one to suffer the predator attack getting seriously injured or even killed.

Im not sure about stopping this behavior but I had a Delaware hen who would follow me around always demanding attention she recognized her ā€œnameā€ to (it was a nickname) I still miss her :(
I also have an Orpington right now who acts similarly if you try and sit down around her youā€™ll always end up with a chicken on your shoulder lol

Back
Top Bottom