My hen is sneezing!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Dinosaur Gal, Sep 6, 2015.

1. sophiaw00

sophiaw00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2015
    Illinois
    How old is she?

If she's a new layer, this is pretty normal. My faverolle, Tot laid her first egg and then nothing for 4 days. She continued and now look at my carton:
    [​IMG]

Al the tan/light brown/cream ones are hers.

It could also be because of the stress (from the allergies). That would be completely normal too and will clear up when she's feeling better and her allergies stop.

2. Dinosaur Gal

Dinosaur Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2015
    North Pole
    Shes probably only a year shes a mille fluer. And thank you so much! You have put my mind at ease :) Btw what pretty eggs! Ive never seen green eggs before!

3. LeafBlade12345

LeafBlade12345 Chillin' With My Peeps

How is your hen today?

4. Dinosaur Gal

Aug 12, 2015
    North Pole
    Still sneezing sadly I wont be able to switch to the new bedding untill the 14th when i can go buy it I was able to buy a small bag of pine chips and i was considering keeping her inside at night in a 4 foot my 2 foot pen with the pine bedding and letting her outside in the day time.

5. sophiaw00

Apr 27, 2015
    Illinois
    Those are my easter egger, Pepper's eggs. She laid her first yesterday :)

6. Dinosaur Gal

Aug 12, 2015
    North Pole
    There beautiful!! Maybe ill get a easter egger some day!

7. sophiaw00

Apr 27, 2015
    Illinois
    You totally should. I love my two girls so much. They can lay blue, green, pink, brown or sometimes white eggs. I usually see easter eggers with green or blue eggs though. Plus, the birds are so colorful and can come in basically any color and pattern but there are some that show up more often.
    [​IMG]
    ^Pepper (not so common coloring/pattern)
    [​IMG]
    ^Tater (common hen color)

8. Dinosaur Gal

Aug 12, 2015
    North Pole
    Awhh there so adorable!! I will defently think about it you are very lucky!

9. Dinosaur Gal

Aug 12, 2015
    North Pole
    Do you think my hen could have gape worms? Idk she dose sometimes after she sneezes or eats has her mouth open.

10. Mr Beaks

Mr Beaks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2015
    Valley Springs, Ca.
    If it were me I think I would stop giving treats for a while. Their nutritional balance gets out of whack when we overindulge them. Their feed is specially balanced to give them everything they need and they could become deficient in something which could cause health problems if they are not getting enough feed. The sudden lack of egg production is why I mention this. Who knows, maybe it'll help figure out what's causing the sneezing too?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by