My hen is sneezing!

Okay ill lay off the treats for a while im also in the process of removing all the old hay from there outside pen hopefully that also might help her condition. On monday im getting to bales of compresed pine bedding for her and remove all the hay in site and use our industrial vacuum to get rid of the dust.

Sounds like you are doing all the right things and It is obvious you love her very much. I'm certain you'll get to the bottom of this and all will be well. Also, lots of ppl read through these threads so if we are missing something I'm sure someone will chime in and steer you in the right direction. Good luck!

Thank you soo much! All the people I have talked to have been so very helpful and kind! I do love her alot and it hurts me to see her suffering. Im glad its just her and not my other hen as well so i can isolate the problem a little easier :) again thank you so much!

Yes there both pets Lavern a purebred millie Fleur (the one with the issues) and Shirley my older hen i think she is around 6 shes a mix of some sort kinda looks like a welsummer There my therype :) We used to have a bunch of chickens when i was younger my dad would bring them home wanting to rescue them. Then they all bred and we got a lot of really neat mixes. There care was mostly my moms job we didnt know hardly anything about chicken care except feed and water them.. Now that im older im more intetested in takeing better care for them and researching help for there problems. This site actually really helped me to diagnose some of the diseases that took some of our past flock.

That's great for you! When I was young we got a freshwater fish tank and though I was very interested in the fish, plants, and other animals that went into the tank, I didn't help much with the maintenance. Once I was ten or eleven though, I really started to help, and took full responsibility. I also began to take care of my snake, the two leopard geckos, and an assortment of other animals that came and went. Chickens are a big responsibility and it is great to see teens learning about them. BYC is a truly helpful site for everyone, kid or adult, beginner or pro. Good for you for taking responsibility!

Thanks alot! Im so happy to have found this place except for the place in the forum where they rehome chickens i need to stay away from there lol Id want to take every one! :p And yes i really do want to try and take the best care i can for them! When im able to get a job next year i will be able to aford a better quality more nutrious food other then just cracked corn and maybe be able to hire my uncle to put a window in our coop for ventilation as there is only a door for us to go in and out and there chicken door for them. It wasnt very well design but it is insulated so im grateful for that in the winter time:)

Thanks alot! Im so happy to have found this place except for the place in the forum where they rehome chickens i need to stay away from there lol Id want to take every one! :p And yes i really do want to try and take the best care i can for them! When im able to get a job next year i will be able to aford a better quality more nutrious food other then just cracked corn and maybe be able to hire my uncle to put a window in our coop for ventilation as there is only a door for us to go in and out and there chicken door for them. It wasnt very well design but it is insulated so im grateful for that in the winter time:)

Bless your heart! You are seriously bringing tears to my eyes. You should consider working with animals when you are older. You have what it takes. Keep up the good work!

Oh thank you! And bless you! Yes ive already considered studying to become a Veterinary technician/assistant and maybe specializing in bird care and health since there is no one that is near our small town of 600 thats dose sadly and maybe Ill be the first :) But who knows what the Lord has for me but ik that Id love to work with all animals :)

Back
Top Bottom