My hen keeps...

MRNpoultry

Songster
11 Years
Mar 2, 2008
Gibsonville, NC
standing still. I went outside early today and the other ones ran up. She just stood there slumped over. She has always had stuff stuck to her butt. Cloud that be stopping her up. When I went down there a little bit ago she was slumped over again.

Thank you for any help

Last edited by a moderator:
I just went out there to lock them up. She was in the nest box and layed a egg without a shell. She usally lays the best eggs.

Here is what the egg looks like -

IMGP1748.jpg

Sorry, about the camera strap in the picture.

Oh, dear! Maybe she will feel better now that she has passed it? (That is totally a guess; I have no experiece with this.) Best wishes to you both-
Stacey (aka Seachick, my daughter is logged in as Envirogirl!)

Is that the egg shell laying next to it? The white " thing"? How old is this hen? Do you have oyster shell free choice for them? Maybe save your egg shells, and once dry...crush them really well, and feed them back...free choice. My gals love them. I hope she is ok.

The egg up at the top is form another hen. This hen 11 months old. The white thing next to the yolk is the sell. They don't have oyster shell. The are on layer mash.

I bought some chicken grit at ts and it says oyster shell is in it? Till I can go in get some I will chrush there egg shells up. They only eat as much as they need, right?

Back
Top Bottom