My hen layed 2 eggs, what are our first steps?

Lob21

Chirping
Sep 28, 2019
Hi guys so I have a few questions. My hen just layed 2 eggs, probably on two separate days, do we let her stay lay on the eggs or should we take them inside and take care of them there? This is my first experience. What do you guys usually do? And if you would can you send pictures of your coops where the hens mother their eggs?
Thanks

Hi guys so I have a few questions. My hen just layed 2 eggs, probably on two separate days, do we let her stay lay on the eggs or should we take them inside and take care of them there? This is my first experience. What do you guys usually do? And if you would can you send pictures of your coops where the hens mother their eggs?
Thanks
Is your 'hen' the turkey in your avatar?

@nuthatched Yes I do have a tom! His name is Harrison and my hen is Susan. I think we're gonna try and go without a incubator because we are just starting.

@nuthatched Yes I do have a tom! His name is Harrison and my hen is Susan. I think we're gonna try and go without a incubator because we are just starting.
I like your names! lol, that's good! I've seen people attempt to incubate eggs and wonder what they're doing wrong because none would grow, but they didn't have a rooster!

Thanks
If you take the eggs, replace them with a fake egg or two. Constantly removing a turkey hen's eggs will cause her to find a new nesting place. In her mind a better nesting place will be one that is more hidden.

Back
Top Bottom