My Hen left her nest with 1-2 days to go. What to do ??

A quick update. I put the chick with it's mother. It was all fluffed up and quite energetic. The 2 mother hens were sunbathing with the 3 chicks they are sharing so I put it next to them. Both looked at it then one just scooped it under her and settled back down to sleep. I am keeping a close eye on them all and they are doing well. It is even running about a bit with the other chicks.
The 3rd egg has now started to cheep :0)

thumbsup.gif

It seems my oven is working...number 2 just hatched and boy is he loud !. Cracks now appearing in number 3

Last edited:
This is so great! Congratulations on your quick thinking. Keep us updated! :D Also, they little ones are so cute!

Such an exciting thread! How are they doing now? (I just ordered my first eggs to put under a broody, and am full of anxieties about it already!)

All three eggs hatched and are now back with there mothers. Both mother hen's are sharing the 6 chicks they had between then. They are all doing really well and are full of energy. I think next time I get a broody I will invest in an incubator ! has to be more cost effective than keeping the oven on for 3 days :0)
Thankyou everyone for your help.

Thanks for the update! Im glad to hear it ended so good.

Back
Top Bottom