My hen Peaches

LittleMoon

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 4, 2011
I have to tell someone about one of my new pullets
big_smile.png
I have had her and thirteen others (assorted breeds) for a month now. I had been googling her color etc, to try and figure out what breed she is, and now i know, and am very happy with what i have found.
Peaches is a mille fleur D'uclee. She is absolutely adorable and they say (the site i was on) that they are some of the most sweetest personas, and i have found this to be true.
My little girl is a sweet heart and is very tame. I have tamed her with treats and now I can pick her up easy and hold her on my lap :3 she is so so cute that it makes me want to squeal in happiness just looking at her. When i yell 'Peaches' she immediately runs over to see me, and i can scoop her up easy. She also looks at me real intelligently, and always looks curious about everything. She is amazing!
Does anyone else have one of this breed? Or another breed that is a very friendly little chicken that has captured your heart? Share your stories with me, I would love to hear about them ^-^

Lucky you! I do not have that breed. I lost 3 EEs and a speckled sussex this spring to a fox, so I got 6 more chicks. None of them are super friendly, but the speckled sussex are so cute! And I love the way the barred rocks whistle.

Last edited:
I'll try my best to send some, but first i must get my camera repaired lol

aww im sorry a fox got your chickies
sad.png
I hate it when i get up in the morning happy to go visit my chickens, and end up finding a dead one, it breaks my heart...

I can tell you guys how i tamed mine if you like
smile.png
i decided to try a 'treat' approach because the pet them like a cat thing was just not enough lol. My chickens go crazy for worms so i use those as the treats.
i started out by grabbing her, while saying peaches so she was used to her name, and she would grab them out of my hand and i just kept this up. I also took a shovel one day and dug up a bunch of worms and had a crowd of chickens all over me, thus taming more than one, tho Peaches is my tamest
smile.png

Eventually i would just yell peaches and she would come quick and look up at me with her cute little eyes. I just scoop her up in my palm and i sit her on my lap (she remains perfectly calm and still wondering if i would give her a worm now or later lol) and i pet her. I stroke her and she makes soft little peeps and relaxes, it makes my heart flutter with happiness. I'm even getting some of my older hens to come close to me, its amazing what a worm treat can do, you guys should try it.

Last edited:
I'm spending my retirement on dehydrated worms... trying to grow some, but that's a slow process. They also love scrambled eggs with crushed eggshell sprinkled in, chopped tomatoes, & SPINACH!

Back
Top Bottom