My Hen

Chickenflock9

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2023
F4F9CD4E-9660-4C04-A4B4-AE903E316283.jpeg

Last edited:
Love the poofy heads! :love
Some are super crazy poofy! :lol:

I really want some of those. Hoping to dye the crest in bright colors with food coloring .
I am sure they would look great but you would need to make sure it didn’t attract unwanted pecking from other birds. Polish crests can be a magnet for other birds and even other polish!
I am hoping to get a buff laced polish sometime
I had a couple and they were lovely. I even managed to hatch some frizzled polish chicks. Wished I’d kept them now in hindsight.

I really want some of those. Hoping to dye the crest in bright colors with food coloring .
Two things on that

I think bright colors are usually pretty hard because they fade out during wash and I think other hens would pick on them for it. My hens would pull on the head poofs for my silkies and i think if they were a bright color like red they would be more attracted to plucking.

Two things on that

I think bright colors are usually pretty hard because they fade out during wash and I think other hens would pick on them for it. My hens would pull on the head poofs for my silkies and i think if they were a bright color like red they would be more attracted to plucking.
Not red, but maybe like a bright blue or green?

Back
Top Bottom