My hens are killing my roo bit by bit. Help!

Kk Augy

Songster
Mar 13, 2021
Irland
Hai guys I've seen my two roos were too much so u got rid of one.the one that is left us a red young rooster called abby.ive seen he's been rough with my hens and I got SCAIRD when I saw blood on the floor at morning I cheek my hens but none show injury my roo was sitting still in the coop he had a thorn comb and it was bleeding baddly ...but luckily I cope up with the bleeding.i tough he was fighting with an animal as he was behaving normal beside my hens .toaday I found Abby in a corner with an injured eye ...you guys know the white protection thing that closes in their eye sometimes?yep that's thorn totally out and his eye is bleeding ..full of yellow stuff coming out from it and it's all swollen ...what's happening...?can you guys help ?this ever happened to me when I had more roosters!

Hai guys I've seen my two roos were too much so u got rid of one.the one that is left us a red young rooster called abby.ive seen he's been rough with my hens and I got SCAIRD when I saw blood on the floor at morning I cheek my hens but none show injury my roo was sitting still in the coop he had a thorn comb and it was bleeding baddly ...but luckily I cope up with the bleeding.i tough he was fighting with an animal as he was behaving normal beside my hens .toaday I found Abby in a corner with an injured eye ...you guys know the white protection thing that closes in their eye sometimes?yep that's thorn totally out and his eye is bleeding ..full of yellow stuff coming out from it and it's all swollen ...what's happening...?can you guys help ?this ever happened to me when I had more roosters!
With an eye injury that severe, you really need to try to get him to a vet.

It is either infected or the eyeball has ruptured (popped) or possibly both. It’s really not something you can treat yourself.

After his injury has been treated... then we can help you figure out how to keep him safe going forward.

If he's been rough with them, then they probably just tired of it and got rough back, would be my guess. :( Definitely take him to a vet for any eye injury. Those are difficult to handle on your own, especially as bad as the one you described. Good luck, and I hope he recovers!

Back
Top Bottom