My hens have black insects attached to their combs and wattles.

Hi everybody, i got the Spanish equivalent of Permithrin and sprayed the coop, their yard, sleeping area, nesting boxes and netting around some of the areas. I also using a very small paint brush, brushed some onto their combs and wattles. So now i just have to wait and see if all goes well. I have 2 questions, 1st how long does the watered down Permithrin last when made up (i have some left over in the spray can) and has anyone that has used it found that the chickens poo afterwards has been very runny, the 1st day after, the eggs were all covered in runny poo and its still runny 1 week after, is this normal. x

Watery poo MAY be a sign of worms.
Can you have some fresh poop tested for worms by the vet?

I'd guess that the shelf life of the permethrin mixed spray is quit long. (Guess)

Since permethrin is sold in a concentrate, the diluted version should be good as long as the concentrate, in my opinion.

Diarrhea can be a sign of drinking a lot of water, intestinal parasites, infections (even respiratory ones will cause it,) eating something that has that tendency, and many other reasons. I have seen roundworms in formed poop, but worms could cause diarrhea. It can be nice to get a fecal test, but many vets will not do them either because they don't see chickens, or they will not test the poop unless you bring the bird in for an exam and $$$.
My daughter is in vet practice in Montana, and she cannot prescribe anything for our pets here in Ohio over the phone without seeing them.

Back
Top Bottom