My hens have stopped laying

lauren56

Chirping
May 19, 2015
North Carolina
IMG_3497.JPG
IMG_3427.JPG
IMG_3485.JPG
I have four Easter eggers, a production red, two brahmas, a Mille Fleur, a silver dorking, and a bany mix hen in a coop together along with a couple of roosters. I was getting an egg from each of them every day for months. It's been two weeks now since I've gotten an egg from any of them. I got 5 eggs one day and then then I never got another one. They get dumor later pellets, mixed vegetables, and scratch grain every day. Twice a week I scramble eggs with the shell ground up in them and give to them. Is there any reason as to why this has happened? Could they all be molting at once or is something else going on? My silver dorking got sick and was separated as soon as I noticed. She's been getting Tylan 50 for the past two days and is improving, but it's been much longer than that since I've gotten eggs. Any answers or advice is appreciated. Thank you! I've attached pictures of the girls and the roos!

That seems young to stop laying...
Have you moved them to a new coop for awhile?
If they are in a different coop, it is normal to take a break.

I hope I am any help,
good luck! Let me know if anything changes!

-The Angry Hen

That seems young to stop laying...
Have you moved them to a new coop for awhile?
If they are in a different coop, it is normal to take a break.

I hope I am any help,
good luck! Let me know if anything changes!

-The Angry Hen
We haven't moved them, but we did introduce a new gen and rooster. Could that cause enough stress to make them stop? I really appreciate the help!

No problem!
Yes it could, like they want to make sure the hen and rooster are nice,
they don't want to worry about getting hurt while they are laying an egg.

Back
Top Bottom