My Hens started laying this week

FARMERDANNC

Hatching
11 Years
Feb 24, 2008
Washington, NC
My wife and I have 24 Rhode Island Reds that have just started laying we started last week with one a day and are now up to 3 a day. I think people are going to think we are crazy because we have put up two park benches outside the coop and just sit and watch them. I did not realize how much fun they would be.

Congratulations! As many people on here will agree, collecting eggs never gets boring
smile.png
It's like little gifts every day. And the bench idea is a good one... I sit on concrete block to watch the gang, and my rear doesn't like that so much!

Edited to say:
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Chicken TV is much more fun than regular TV. And interactive! I am missing my Chicken TV right now. With the time change, the weather getting colder and unexpectedly babysitting grandkids the last few weeks, I barely have time to feed and collect eggs, let alone enjoy the chooks. I need my Chicken TV!
sad.png

Congratulations on your eggs! I love watching our chickens. The whole ritual is fascinating, and each chicken has her own. Some of ours are very vocal before they lay, some announce it to the whole valley after they have laid, and some are perfectly quiet. One sits in the nest box and rearranges every piece of pine shaving. My husband thinks I am crazy for standing outside the coop and peeking in the window, but I am addicted!

Back
Top Bottom