My herptile mini collection

Quote:
Yes the babies are TINY. The Orchid seen on my finger has shed twice now and is about twice as big, but still absolutely tiny. The Sheild mantis which is L2 (meaning it's only shed once) is seriously about the size of an ant, maybe a bit bigger. No way my ghetto camera can focus on something that small lol!

As far as good pets and easy to take care of go, I'd go with the hissers. They can go months without food, though I'll throw out their shriveling up food once a week and replace it with something new. They love broccoli, carrots, spinach, and oranges especially! They're VERY easy to hold and actually move around unlike the millies who are very slow and rarely even unravel once you pick them up. The hissers are great roaches, they're not too fast that you'd lose them, but they like wandering over your hands and it's funny when they hiss. Plus you don't need as big of a cage for them, you can actually put two in a mini or small kritter keeper no prob, just throw some coconut fiber bedding on the bottom and some egg carton for them to climb/munch on and the food and that's it!

Back
Top Bottom