My home has become 'Crow Central' Why?

Teila sure hope it works. My heart is in my mouth - worried about your girls. If the CD works on the crows maybe it will spook the lady who puts food out.

Just a quick update ..... the decorations did not deter one determined crow from trying to roost in the tree last night but my prodding at him with the pole convinced him to sleep elsewhere.

I can hear them this morning, in the neighbourhood, but not right outside our bedroom window, which is a relief. No gazebo raids since I put the windmills and lantern in there.

There were two in the back garden yesterday while the girls were supervised free ranging, trying to steal a feed from the open run and also waiting for the back neighbour to feed them, which she did at 5pm.

As I do not have any chicks at the moment Diva I am not too worried about the girls, while a couple of them are not as big as the Crows, the Crows are leaving them alone but free range is always supervised due to neighbourhood dogs and cats.

As I type the noise just got louder because two Crows have arrived in the other front tree (no decorations).

I hope that CD arrives soon
fl.gif

Update:

Long story which I will not go into but I got scammed on the first CD I ordered, not sure if I am annoyed because I got scammed or because I had to put up with the Crows a week longer than I needed to!

Anyways, bottom line, anyone reading this, DO NOT order your CD from http://www.crowaway.com.au/ and to that note, I am going to go back and edit my previous post .... order from:

http://www.crowbegone.com/

MadamPoofyBrow I note they also stock a 'Crow Come Here' and thought of you
wink.png

OK, so it is early days (well, actually hours) but I received my Crow Be Gone mp3 overnight and have been playing it (repeat) on my antiquated laptop, strategically perched on top of the fridge in the back shed.

It may just be coincidence BUT it has been very quiet this morning; the Crows have been conspicuous in their absence. I have heard a couple, way off in the distance, but nothing like the onslaught we have endured for the past month or so.

One did land on the front lawn, hung around for a little while, looked a little upset and left! Also, it does not seem to be upsetting the girls at all :)

The big test will be this afternoon when they start to hang around in the back trees, demanding the neighbour feeds them.

Will keep you updated but so far, so good :) Ah, the tranquility, I can actually hear myself think and can concentrate on work.

Last edited:
Update: No Crows this afternoon during free range; no Crows begging a meal off the back neighbour and in fact, the Lorikeets she used to feed, before the Crows took over, are back; could be coincidence, but I wonder.

Anyways, a very successful Day 1
big_smile.png

So, the morning of Day 2:

I got woken by hungry chickens, not cawing Crows but once awake, I could hear some Crows in the neighbourhood. Turned the mp3 on at 06:00am.

There have been a couple of caws very close to home and two Crows were sitting in the front tree but they do not seem to be hanging around long and actually do seem nervous.

Some tweaking as to volume and position may still be required but even if I do not get rid of them entirely, progress to date has been wonderful.

Slight pangs of guilt that they are hanging around elsewhere in the neighbourhood driving someone else insane
wink.png

When my son got home from work yesterday I was telling him how it seems to be working and he was pleased. The Crows have been waking him up early; he does not like to be woken up early, especially on the weekend when he does not have to work. Today will be another test, we shall see if he gets to sleep in and if he heard the few stragglers at all.

Anyways, as I type this, it is so beautifully quiet out there, not a caw to be heard. I had forgotten what a quiet morning actually sounded like and I am loving every second of it right now!

Glad to hear it Teila. If only they had a CD to stop people from cutting their grass, way early, on Sunday mornings.
Yes, that'd be wonderful! Or one to stop budgies from screaming at five in the morning...we have three...one wakes up saying 'good morning, hello, I'm a pretty bird' etc...the other two just screech
barnie.gif

Congrats Teila, maybe they'll fly a couple of oceans and take up at my place instead
wink.png

In shopping centers out here - they keep "rowdies" from terrorizing regular mall shoppers on weekends by blasting Opera music. Not a shot was fired.

Update: Afternoon of Day 2

While the majority of the Crows have now cleared off; there are a persistent two who are still trying to hang around in the front tree etc. I believe these are the original two who may have plans to nest out there.

While they keep coming back, they do not stay long and seem nervous while here.

The girls are fine and do not seem bothered by the sounds at all. The mp3 has been playing all day, on low and while I can only just hear it, the neighbours would not be able to hear it at all.

So far, so good .. I will continue to document (good and bad) for future reference.

Back
Top Bottom