My homemade sand sifter *PICS*

Quote:
Thank you sweetie & I just LOVE all your pics of your girls
love.gif

Quote:
I believe so, I got mine at our local Agway, but I am sure any feed supply would carry them, ask for a future fork I think most people call it that
wink.png

Quote:
I'm not sure if this is an improvement-maybe just a different shape but same principle. My husband made it and it works great! Just need a telescoping handle to reach under the coop. It's hardware secured with zip-ties (which break down after a while-but easy to replace). I just scoop and toss the droppings into the compost area that's in the run (chickens are standing on one of the hatches that lift to a trench).
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/92140_sandscooper.jpg

Terrie Mac that's a great one for that application of getting under the coop
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
LOL 49 bucks on sale is way too much for me but God Bless the ones that can pay that price for one, I'll have to stick to making things
hu.gif

Quote:
That looks exactly like ours (only our rake is red and zip ties are white). It works ok. Our coop is so short that I can't really control the fork very well (even after dh cut off part of the handle). So I just use it to 'rake' all the poop to one area and use the kitty litter scoop to pick it up.

aww I'm sorry I understand tho, I think it works better in deep sand at least that it was I am finding & since my run is not fully covered yet for winter & we just had rain I see it does not work well at all
sad.png

Quote:
ahh, great idea!!! I can see that happening to some....I myself have pine shavings in coop & since they are only in there to roost & I have a poop board I don't use the sand sifter there & the run I do every night before they get locked up & I never use straw or hay so I am hoping that won't happen, still it works kinda crappy when the sand is wet from rain
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom