My horse passed away this morning...

Those are good ideas Dinos; I was thinking of something along those lines.

I was also thinking of something I could give with a pic of Nips, that would go well together? I'm not good at coming up with original ideas, but I am good at making other people's ideas.
smile.png

Quote:
How could anyone fault you for choosing to remember your friend Nipper in better times? I'm the same way, with both the creatures I have loved and humans.
May the good memories of times you spent with Nipper bring you comfort in your loss.

Chell
I'm so sorry about Nipper. I don't blame you for not wanting to be there for his burial. I went through that once, it was a very sad time. I wish I had not been there for that.

I too collected hair from my big boy, Shazam, and I had an authentic Indian dream catcher made with some of his mane hair attached. I now have an everlasting memory of him.
There are websites showing how to make a dream catcher if you want to do that.

:aww
hugs.gif

Jean

I have never been able to be at the burial. I especially can't be around when they have to be trucked away.

No one would ever knock you for a personal decision like that. Each and every person handles loss differently. In my little opinion, the moment the heart stops beating, my beloved friend is no longer in that earthly body - so I don't need to stay with it. They've moved on, restored, and I can be at peace with that knowledge.

Again, I'm so sorry for your pain. :aww

Quote:
I make rearview mirror "things" with the horse hair. I cut a small hank of hair even at the top, add feathers with the shanks of the feathers even with the cut horse hair. Beads can be added on with fine thread elastic, leave a loop at the top to hang. Then wrap the whole top, about an inch and a half down with thread that matches. More feathers can be glued over the thread wrap if you don't want the wrapping to show.

sorry to hear that, we had a horse die after we only had him for about a month, it is hard when you lose a horse, even if it was just for a short time. You can never find a replacement you just have to find another to help fill the void.
sad.png

i have heard this beautiful poem called rainbow bridge. If onlt I could remember it.
sad.png
If I do I'll post it imidiatly.

So sorry for your loss.

Here it is bluebaby...

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

rainbowbridge1.jpg

Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks once again to everyone who posted and shared your thoughts, poems and ideas on what to do with Nipper's hair.

I have a good amount of Nipper's tail hair, so I may just persue many of the great ideas suggested here until I run out of his hair.

Rafter, for some reason I was thinking about doing dreamcatchers with it even though I had no idea horsehair was traditionally usedfor making them or how to even go about doing it. Thank you for letting me know I can find the directions online for doing this.

Back
Top Bottom