My husband wanted me to incubate some eggs

pkw

Songster
9 Years
May 14, 2010
North Edwards, CA
I had a hen that is broody but she switched nest boxes and stupid me was gathering eggs today and instead of me taking the eggs from her first nest and putting them under her and taking the ones she started sitting on today I placed them in the egg basket and didn't think about it until I brought them up to the house. I candled all the eggs and I have nearly two dozen eggs that appear to have something growing in them so my husband wanted me to get them in an incubator so they won't die. That shocked me, especially since the eggs that are due in less than two weeks was to be my last hatch. I will be over ran in chicks by the time all the eggs hatches.

Awesome..my dh on the other hand, is freaking about my chicken love..lmao

Just give em away..

Hey think this way.. Spring is coming I hear chicks go the best at spring

Xoxox

Why don't you just put them back under the broody?
idunno.gif

yes I put them in the incubator. I didn't put them back under the broody because she took over another nest and I didn't think about it earlier. I was just shocked because he told me no more and then tonight he encouraged me to put them in the incubator.

I am a guy and will be the first to admit that we have to sometimes act tough with regard to our chickens. Some of the guys I work with tease me about having a flock, but they just don't understand how addictive and fun a flock of chickens can be. I don't know what I ever did without the girls out back. What I am saying is, your hubby is just acting tough about the chicks, I suspect that deep down he is quite fond of your flock.

Good luck with the hatch.

JJ

My wife is crazy about our pig, gets in the pen and plays with it whenever she has the time. But she doesn't like chickens, or at least won't go around them. The chickens are my pets.

In my case it was DH that wanted chickens, and its me that ended up looking after them, and becoming addicted to them! We currently have 9 hens with another 13 incubating.

Heh, good luck on your hatch!

My DH complains lightly about the chickens, but is the first to go out there and feed and collect eggs after work, before I even get home. He then gives me a play by play of what chicken was doing what, who tried to land on his head, who was pecking his boots, and the latest on his stare-offs with the roosters. Then he tells me he doesn't know why he's taking care of MY chickens.

I imagine if I wanted to get rid of them, he wouldn't let me.....plus he told me he wants to expand the coop this year. They have more than enough space already...so I'm not sure what he has up his sleeve. I have a feeling it's turkeys.

Back
Top Bottom