Pastel the Rooster

Free Ranging
Apr 22, 2022
Southern Georgia
My parents surprised me last week with six Ayam Cemani eggs. I put them in the incubator last week, and I candles them on Friday. One was not fertile. I’m down to five eggs. I also put two of my Easter Egger’s, Bolt, eggs in. They are fertile so far. I am going to candle them in Thursday or Friday. I will try to remember to take pictures.

I didn’t get any good pictures. Two of the Ayam eggs had no further development. Both of Bolt’s eggs are developing though.
One of the good eggs
IMG_3238.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3237.jpeg
    IMG_3237.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 1
I didn’t get any good pictures. Two of the Ayam eggs had no further development. Both of Bolt’s eggs are developing though.
One of the good eggs
View attachment 3793365
I pray you have good success with your remaining 3 AC's!
When are they due to hatch? They look pretty close?

I raised AC's 2.5 years and I love every day of it. I think you'll really enjoy them.
My avatar in one of my Ac's.

I pray you have good success with your remaining 3 AC's!
When are they due to hatch? They look pretty close?

I raised AC's 2.5 years and I love every day of it. I think you'll really enjoy them.
My avatar in one of my Ac's.
They have one more week.

A friend gave my mom some of her hens eggs. She loves her’s as well. She lost her rooster due to worms a few weeks ago. If I get more than one roo I will give one to her. I’m hoping for one roo and two pullets. I’m really hoping that I love them too.
And your hen is stunning.

They have one more week.

A friend gave my mom some of her hens eggs. She loves her’s as well. She lost her rooster due to worms a few weeks ago. If I get more than one roo I will give one to her. I’m hoping for one roo and two pullets. I’m really hoping that I love them too.
And your hen is stunning.
That's exciting!

I see, that's unfortunate.
That sounds like a good plan, very kind of you to do.
Are you going to update this thread as your chicks grow, or start another thread? I'd love to follow if you did.
Thank you, much appreciated.

That's exciting!

I see, that's unfortunate.
That sounds like a good plan, very kind of you to do.
Are you going to update this thread as your chicks grow, or start another thread? I'd love to follow if you did.
Thank you, much appreciated.
I could start a new thread. I have a thread of raising my polish chicks. I’m not very good at very frequent updates… 😅

I hope they all hatch!!!! Post pictures when they are fluffy!

I tried hatching Cemanis 2 times. First time only one chick made it. 2 more had hatched one passed within hours other was failure to thrive and lived a few days. The second hatch 2 hatched and were both cockerels(just my luck)

I hope they all hatch!!!! Post pictures when they are fluffy!

I tried hatching Cemanis 2 times. First time only one chick made it. 2 more had hatched one passed within hours other was failure to thrive and lived a few days. The second hatch 2 hatched and were both cockerels(just my luck)
I’m sorry. Was the first chick that made it a hen? Cockerels are still awesome, but are you allowed to have Roos where you live?

Hopefully you can hatch out more one day. If all of these are Roos or all hens, then I will probably buy some from a hatchery, even though they are very expensive.

Back
Top Bottom