My Illegal backyard chickens in Southern California

Daisybean66

Hatching
6 Years
May 12, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Hello Everyone! I'm new to the site. I grew up with chickens in my yard in Los Angeles, CA. I always enjoyed them very much. I recently got a new place to live with a large backyard. I started up my vegetable garden first and the went looking for some chickens. I bought three full grown barred rocks from Craigslist. Betty died within a week. Didn't get turned on to the Sulmet fast enough. Betsey and Bonnie are doing fine.

Unfortunately, my new city does not allow chickens. So we are hiding out and breaking the law together. I think my girls are worth it!

Greetings from Kansas, Daisybean66, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you aboard! Good luck to you and your clandestine chickens!

welcome-byc.gif
thumbsup.gif
Thumbs up for Illegal chickens LOL. I'm not suppose to have mine either. Since it's not the city limiting me but the development we are apart of I should be fine. They don't care what we do because we aren't inside the development. We're outside on the main road.

Hey, we live in Texas on the outskirts of the city of San Antonio in subdivision that no longer has a HOA as of the beginning of the year that is why we decided to get ours. Apparently, even though the HOA doesn't exist, we are still not allowed to have them. But half of our neighbors on the street have them anyways. 2, 3 some over 20. We've got 5. We got 3 Gold sexlinks now 28 weeks and 2 53 week old Red.?.?. Two of them are laying eggs every other day. I've read that a protein meal should help them. Suggestions?

The chickens are birds.
Can't outlaw crows or robins or sparrows.
Why outlaw a just a little bigger bird.

Protein meal helps them grow and for meat purposes.. For eggs you need at good lay mash from your local feed store that contains a good mix of protein and calcium.

Back
Top Bottom