My incubator build

I may keep them keep the racks and move them to another incubator/hatching table when they go into lockdown.

Anywho, i installed the door. I don't to much like it so I wont be staining it until i decide if im going to keep it. I fired it up a while ago so Ill test it and hopefully set some eggs next week.

2011-07-20_20-47-01_315.jpg

I cant tell yet. Im still letting it warm up and setting the thermostat. Once i get it to 100 I let it sit and see how it fluctuates. Once the temp is good to go them ill start playing with humidity.

The door frame is to thick but since i used acrylic for the it I had to make it that thick to get the flex out of it.

Last edited:
Quote:
If the thermostat does fluctuate, then go back to the beginning of this thread and look at those links i posted for you. If your thermostat does need to be tinkered with then I highly recommend drilling the holes into the thermostat!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
If the thermostat does fluctuate, then go back to the beginning of this thread and look at those links i posted for you. If your thermostat does need to be tinkered with then I highly recommend drilling the holes into the thermostat!
thumbsup.gif

I agree. Great links...

Its so hot outside im starting not to care. 90* at 900 last night make watching the incubator miserable. I moved it inside where ill be hatching. Work up this morning and found it sitting a 96.4* humidity was at 47% with no water added. It looks like the one bulb isn't enough to keep the temps up in a cold room. Ive added another bulb so we will see how it does over the next few hours.

Last edited:
So ive been messing with it. With out the modification done to the thermostat the temp had a 2 or 3 degree range. I drilled the three holes and re adjusted it. At the top of the bator im running between 99 and 100* at any given time regardless if the light is on or off. The bottom of the bator is less than a degree off from the top. My humidity is staying around 31%. Im going to add a pan of water tonight and see how it looks tomorrow.

2011-07-21_09-10-28_500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom