My incubator build

Got the holes drilled for the racks. I should be able to comfortably hold 120 eggs. Alot more than ill ever use im sure but we all know hoe chicken math works. I also got the thermostat, bulb socket, and wiring done.

2011-07-14_18-59-46_512.jpg

2011-07-14_19-06-47_10.jpg

2011-07-14_19-07-05_712.jpg

Quote:
looks great.... BUT i have a suggestion for the thermostat,,,, and in one of the pictures i see you have a drill,,,,, well watch this video,,,, and do this to your thermostat,,, i recommend this to everyone i see who is building a homemade incubator and using a hot water heater thermostat,,,,,, here's the vid
.... this will make the temps super stable

I hadnt seen the vid but did read up on it. I want to try it without modification to see how it works. If I do fluctuate ill drill the holes. Thanks for the link.

If you scrap the egg trays and hand turn your eggs, you'd have plenty of room. I wouldn't suggest turning 120 at once by hand, but you could do a rack at a time. If you had the individual frames on drawer runners, you could pull them out easily. Use the hardware cloth for the floors and you've got your full circulation. Hand turn one tray then wait a bit and do the next. I may just try this out myself.
Yours looks great. Very impressive.
Thanks for sharing.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom