My incubator reached 112 degrees overnight

rrcommander

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 1, 2008
I have several eggs in a Little Giant incubator. when I went to bed the temp was 100 degrees when I got up six hours later the temp was 112 degrees I adjusted the temp down. When I left for work it was 102 degrees. It was the first night in the incubator. Can the eggs hatch?

Hopefully not. I did read earlier that during the first couple of days higher heat may just cause the chicks to hatch earlier.

112 degrees overnight
ep.gif
rant.gif

Just to let you know. My temp went to 110 over night and I still have 18 out of 40. So don't give up.
big_smile.png
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I lady from Texas told me the weather there gets to over 110 and her hens are still laying on them.

Last edited:
My LG hit 112 during this hatch as well, for a whole day. My eggs are hatching, so don't fret. They were at all different stages also. Sit tight and don't fret, you'll get some chicks.

glad to hear some eggs are hatching! Mine went to 112 overnight after a power outage when I put in some handwarmers to keep the temp up... I think they were fine until the power came back on in the middle of the night & the fan got more oxygen into the handwarmers. No idea how long it was hot but could have been 6 hours. It was 105 when I found it in the morning, so hopefully not 112 for too long. the digital thermometer w/memory said 112 so that would be the highest the air got. I'm planning to wait & candle at about 7 days and see if anything's happening. It was only the second night when this happened. :/ such an experience!

Back
Top Bottom