My incubator went to 40.6 Celsius help!

EmilySmith2525

Chirping
Mar 24, 2018
Newcastle,United Kingdom
Hi,
I probably left this morning around 10 the incubator was at the correct temp and humidity I then came home at around 3 to find it at 40.6 Celsius , so it has been at 40.6 for around a few hours due to the warmer weather we have had!

I have managed to cool it down to regular temp now however I am worried about the chicks, will they be dead ?

(it is day 15 now )

Should I candle them even though I candled yesterday ?

I am totally baffled of what to do ?

You can candle them.
The embryos should be fine, if it was only a few hours. In nature, the temperature would occasionally fluctuate under the hen. Sometimes for a few hours at a time.

Your totally right :Dbeen perfect with my other hatches guess it’s just the change in the weather
I usually have brooders with lamps in my hatch room heating the non climate control area. I had a hatch a couple of weeks ago and had 40 positive candled eggs on lock down. We had a freeze on day 19/20. the room temp dropped big time. All died except 5. I broke open most of the eggs to find out what went wrong. Most had fully developed chicks in them. Was the worst hath rate ever for us.
You are on day 15, you should be fine. May have a day late hatch though. Lock down temps and humidity are critical. That is the absorption period. Conditions need to be perfect on the final 72 hours.

I usually have brooders with lamps in my hatch room heating the non climate control area. I had a hatch a couple of weeks ago and had 40 positive candled eggs on lock down. We had a freeze on day 19/20. the room temp dropped big time. All died except 5. I broke open most of the eggs to find out what went wrong. Most had fully developed chicks in them. Was the worst hath rate ever for us.
You are on day 15, you should be fine. May have a day late hatch though. Lock down temps and humidity are critical. That is the absorption period. Conditions need to be perfect on the final 72 hours.
Thank you so much! it’s a shame about your hatch. I will be sure conditions will be right in lockdown

Back
Top Bottom