My India Blue Male, Left flight feathers are drooping?

I know I sound like a broken record, but a digital kitchen scale has been one of the best investments I've made. Just for grins, I decided to weigh Red since it's been about a month since his last weigh-in and today's weight is 3.974kg, that's up from 3.864kg in February.

Last edited:
This fella with the droopy flights is that same sweet boy who we determined may have had a head injury from an incubator fan, right?
Perhaps if that's really what happened, he had a bit of neurological damage from his head injury.
He has been looking a bit droopy since you first posted pictures of him; if he had a disease, he would probably have some other symptoms by now. But from what you say, he seems healthy, is eating drinking and pooping, doesn't have any symptoms except for the droop.

I'd think the best thing would be to just keep an eye on him, as you are clearly already doing, and give him more time to recover from his possible early trauma and adjust to his lovely new home.

Yes that is him in the pic, This pic is after I trimmed his Flight feathers back a bit on that side, I Assume he has had some type of head injury or was picked on my his former coop mates, He gets along fine with this bunch even though he was the first Pea here ( Along with spalding female ) he is not the leader. He pal's around with the BS Male all day long. He does eat and does drink, He even Displayed for me the other day. I don't want to give him meds if he don't need it and I don't have a vet that deals with birds close to me.

The only one that has clipped Flight feathers is the IB Male, the BS Male has some broken Primaries.

Yes that is him in the pic, This pic is after I trimmed his Flight feathers back a bit on that side, I Assume he has had some type of head injury or was picked on my his former coop mates, He gets along fine with this bunch even though he was the first Pea here ( Along with spalding female ) he is not the leader. He pal's around with the BS Male all day long. He does eat and does drink, He even Displayed for me the other day. I don't want to give him meds if he don't need it and I don't have a vet that deals with birds close to me.

The only one that has clipped Flight feathers is the IB Male, the BS Male has some broken Primaries.
Didn't you weigh him in January when you posted https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/740467/please-take-a-look-at-my-peacocks-eye (can't remember)? If he's anything like mine, he should be heavier now.

Last edited:
He seems to be holding it up more today.
thumbsup.gif
That's good news!

His wing is still drooping but it does not appear to be drooping as much, Yes this is the one with the messed up head, His eye s are teh same and I don't think that will ever change, and his head is still bald in spots and I am unsure if that will ever change. But over all he seems to be doing well.

Back
Top Bottom