My Indian runner chicks died in egg but Aylesbury ones are OK

tanithcrane

Songster
6 Years
Dec 30, 2016
Hello I have been hatching some more eggs and been trying ducks eggs which have been more successful then trying to hatch the chickens eggs a few months ago I had a few Aylesbury crosses and some Indian runners
The bigger Aylesbury have hatched really well but I noticed the others when candling there was no more movement and I could see the fluid looked lumpy through the shell.

When I opened the eggs the ducklings where well positioned but surrounded by a dark brown blackish fluid one duckling had a massive egg yolk and the other looked really small with a much smaller egg yolk that looked like it had split its legs also looked really small.

They were so beutifull and gutted they didn't hatch there mother went missing and was never found so they were the last of her bloodline does anyone know why this could have happened
The other duck eggs are doing really well.

Hello I have been hatching some more eggs and been trying ducks eggs which have been more successful then trying to hatch the chickens eggs a few months ago I had a few Aylesbury crosses and some Indian runners
The bigger Aylesbury have hatched really well but I noticed the others when candling there was no more movement and I could see the fluid looked lumpy through the shell.

When I opened the eggs the ducklings where well positioned but surrounded by a dark brown blackish fluid one duckling had a massive egg yolk and the other looked really small with a much smaller egg yolk that looked like it had split its legs also looked really small.

They were so beutifull and gutted they didn't hatch there mother went missing and was never found so they were the last of her bloodline does anyone know why this could have happened
The other duck eggs are doing really well.
incubator i assume? were you using multiple thermometers and a salt-tested hygrometer to ensure accuracy of your incubator??? beyond that, i would have to defer to duck peeps like @Isaac 0 @shawluvsbirds and @WVduckchick

Back
Top Bottom