1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Introduction!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by joesyemb, Oct 29, 2016.

1. joesyemb

joesyemb New Egg

Oct 21, 2016
    Hi Everybody [​IMG]

I came across this group on my Facebook page and thought I would join as I have got myself some chookies and just brought another 2 this week.

I have a Isa Brown, a White Leghorn and 2 I think they are a cross with a Isa Brown, a Leghorn and a Rhode Island Red they are a pretty looking chooks the 3 different breeds mixed into one, I have had my 1st two for a year now and the other 2 only a week but where I brought them from he said they are about 14 months old but I don't think so as one her comb is little compared to the others.

I used to have a couple of Isa Browns but they passed on and I didn't get anymore as the weather wasn't real good (Bathurst, NSW) you went without eggs for a few months cause of the real cold weather there, we had to end up moving in the end anyway so I asked if I could have some chooks where I live now (Sussex Inlet, NSW) and I am allowed. They are a very smart and beautiful pet, I love how they stamp their feet and crouch down for you to give them a pat and they follow you around the backyard and know what you are doing and stand at the back door from a certain time of the day waiting for their scraps.

I am hoping to learn and read some more helpful information about them on here, I have to build a new coop as the one we are using now was just big enough for the 2 we had in the beginning.

I have attached a picture of the 2 older ones but haven't taken a new pic of the new ones yet will do that in the next couple of days and post up a new picture.[​IMG]

Jo

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us, it's nice to have you here! Check out the Learning Center for some helpful articles and always feel free to ask questions.

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I have really enjoyed reading your intro and getting to know more about your birds :D Love your pic too! Wishing you the very best of luck with them in the future. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help.

Enjoy your time here on BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and :welcome! It's great to have you in our community! :weee

6. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi there and welcome to Backyard chickens! I am so glad you could join us and I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have!

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Actually when the hens squat down that is a sign they are waiting for the rooster.[​IMG]Welcome too BYC

9. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

10. Hello Josey!
    Welcome to BYC :welcome

I have one White Leghorn named Harriet.She is the Spazziest, Cutest, Loudiest, Friendlest chicken I have!i absolutely LOVE here.

You may want to check out our Learning Center.Here is a Link https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    I hope you have a GREAT time on BYC and make a LOT of good friends!
    Cluckcluck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by