My journey to change Chicken Laws in Citrus Heights, Ca ~ and keep my flock

Thank you so much for finding us. I would like to speak with you, perhaps you would be willing to sign a petition? This a fight I'm willing to take to the city again, and again if necessary. Most of my neighbors will sign the petition as they believe in the cause. As much as I'd like to resolve this family problem and move on, I suspect it will keep coming up if I don't deal with it head on. Feel free to contact me on Facebook or we can meet in person. Perhaps all of us could mutually decide on a date and time to discuss our collective issues with the city? If you have any ideas, I'd like to hear them. I have been in close contact with the enforcement officer, but have not allowed her to make an inspection yet.

What is a good day, time, and spot for us to meet? Perhaps a local Starbucks? I'm very interested in getting together to discuss our options.

I work regular business hours, other than that I would be willing to attend any meetings/sign a petition, etc whenever.

I just reread the original post. I thought that the law in CH was that we were able to keep a "healthy sized flock" if we had 10,000 sqft. Where does the number 10 come in as the maximum number of chickens allowed?

I want to change it too I live in citrus heights however I can't find anything saying weather or not I can have quail

Are there any updates on the Citrus Heights codes for having chickens if you have less then 10,000 sq ft of land? Thanks!

Hey guys,

I haven't been on in a bit, and I thought I'd check in. After all the original drama -- The Code enforcement, City Council meetings, ect. -- I still have my chickens. Code enforcement did not (ever) come out to re-inspect, and I haven't had any other issues. We did have an election in November, for city council. It looks like we got the same city council though - just shuffled around a little. Has anyone else had any issues or successes in their areas? I think the best way to go about this, at this point, would be to gather signatures and put it on the ballot for a vote.

Quail are quiet, so I would go about it in a "don't ask, don't tell" fashion.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom