My jumbo egg

donnaIL

Songster
11 Years
Jun 3, 2008
SouthernIL
Its such a delight to find one of these jumbo eggs, I've been getting a few of these a week. Got my chicks in April, all 6 of them started laying this month and they actually layed at least 11 dozen eggs this month, my record keeping is missing few days. Been putting eggs in refrigerator, so they look alittle wet, took the out to photograph.

002.jpg

004.jpg

I weighted the egg on my kitchen scale, it weighted 3.5oz

donna

Donna,

How many Pullets do you have? I have 14 which I got May 5th. We have gotten a little over 2 doszen eggs since the first egg Sept 14th.

Susan

debiraymond,

I want to get some green egg layers too...I like to get a big egg, I guess after couple weeks of little eggs, well it was just so nice to get some bigger eggs. post a picture of yours!

cackle,

I have 6 pullets, white rocks, got them first week of April. Got the first egg at 18 weeks, and all six started laying at 22 weeks which was around 12 September...

A few days have gotten 6 eggs...most the time 4 or 5. Get ready you are gonna have eggs! Think I am going to get 6 more chicks soon, would like to get a doz eggs a day if possible, have friends and family interested. donna

Wow are those some big eggs!! Congrats. Mine are still laying the small eggs but I do believe that they are getting bigger now. Just shows what we have to forward to, right?

Picture063.jpg

the small white egg is a bantam egg, the brown ones are my BO's first week of laying (one already is giving up the XLg eggs!) and the biggest are my 7 yr old embden goose eggs, Snowflake is giving one every other day since I put the ducks in their own pen

Back
Top Bottom