My jumbo egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by donnaIL, Sep 30, 2008.

1. donnaIL

donnaIL Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    SouthernIL
    Its such a delight to find one of these jumbo eggs, I've been getting a few of these a week. Got my chicks in April, all 6 of them started laying this month and they actually layed at least 11 dozen eggs this month, my record keeping is missing few days. Been putting eggs in refrigerator, so they look alittle wet, took the out to photograph.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I weighted the egg on my kitchen scale, it weighted 3.5oz

donna

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That one on the right is really big. We have been getting green eggs like that.

3. cackle

cackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Donna,

How many Pullets do you have? I have 14 which I got May 5th. We have gotten a little over 2 doszen eggs since the first egg Sept 14th.

Susan

4. donnaIL

donnaIL Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    SouthernIL
    debiraymond,

I want to get some green egg layers too...I like to get a big egg, I guess after couple weeks of little eggs, well it was just so nice to get some bigger eggs. post a picture of yours!

cackle,

I have 6 pullets, white rocks, got them first week of April. Got the first egg at 18 weeks, and all six started laying at 22 weeks which was around 12 September...

A few days have gotten 6 eggs...most the time 4 or 5. Get ready you are gonna have eggs! Think I am going to get 6 more chicks soon, would like to get a doz eggs a day if possible, have friends and family interested. donna

5. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    If your chickens keep that up, you'll need to get bigger egg cartons.

6. chick_newbie

chick_newbie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    South Dakota
    Wow are those some big eggs!! Congrats. Mine are still laying the small eggs but I do believe that they are getting bigger now. Just shows what we have to forward to, right?

7. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    the small white egg is a bantam egg, the brown ones are my BO's first week of laying (one already is giving up the XLg eggs!) and the biggest are my 7 yr old embden goose eggs, Snowflake is giving one every other day since I put the ducks in their own pen

8. sticks22

sticks22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    Grove, oklahoma
    WOW! Donna your rich! I dont have a dime to my name! HA! HA!

9. harry2008

harry2008 New Egg

Sep 16, 2008
    Spam removed by staff

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2008
  10. HuestisFarm

HuestisFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Fly Creek, NY
    Whew! Those must of hurt their little bottoms!! *LOL*

Those are some fine-lookin' eggs! Congrats!!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by