My Juvenile Chick broke her wing PLEASE HELP šŸ˜­

Are you going to eat her? And can you post pics? You have any vetwrap?
NO, I would never eat my own babies. These are literally my children.

To answer your second question...I didn't have vet wrap, but I did have first-aid bandages. I used whatever I had in my house and it worked well. I even disinfect her open wound with an anti-infection spray. I think it was a first aid disinfectant spray.

I actually would like to say something here.

When i make a thread of a sick bird, sometimes it takes a while for me to respond after the first day. Sometimes people are busy, they read it, they accept the info. There does not need to be a ā€œokay thank youā€ for each response. People can come back to it, however long it takes, when they feel ready to answer it. Especially with something so heartbreaking as this, itā€™s a lot to go through. Please understand people may take a while to respond, whatever the reason might be, all we can do is give proper information and guidance, when they choose to respond is up to them.

And the ā€œbulkā€œ of thread your referring to for the first night is probably due to the fact they needed the most help the first night.
I know....
But at that time... I was so worried about Muffin. I said "Ok thank you" because I really didn't know what the heck I was doing, so I was thanking them for the help and support.
Cause' I really did panicked when she broke her wing. I was worried sick.
So yeah... I know they ain't going to respond right away. I still appreciate all of the support greatly.

I donā€™t really think this is related to OPs problem.
Mites are transferred from outside and other birds with it. Iā€™m pretty sure you would have had other birds with it to begin with for that to happen.
Anyway, maybe lets focus on treating OPs bird instead of a possible mite problem that probably wonā€™t happen.
Chickens would have to be near other chickens that have mites in order for them to get mites.
These little boogers were raised inside their entire lives, so they don't have mites. I even groom them everyday to keep them clean. šŸ˜Š

Chickens would have to be near other chickens that have mites in order for them to get mites.
These little boogers were raised inside their entire lives, so they don't have mites. I even groom them everyday to keep them clean. šŸ˜Š
Even the dirt inside chicken houses can have mites.

NO, I would never eat my own babies. These are literally my children.

To answer your second question...I didn't have vet wrap, but I did have first-aid bandages. I used whatever I had in my house and it worked well. I even disinfect her open wound with an anti-infection spray. I think it was a first aid disinfectant spray.
I think they were asking since broilers are meat birds, they develop health problems a lot because they are meant to be butchered at a certain time.
Of course, not saying they must be butchered before then, but i think thats why they are asking.

Last edited:
I know....
But at that time... I was so worried about Muffin. I said "Ok thank you" because I really didn't know what the heck I was doing, so I was thanking them for the help and support.
Cause' I really did panicked when she broke her wing. I was worried sick.
So yeah... I know they ain't going to respond right away. I still appreciate all of the support greatly.
Oh no, i think you misread what i was saying. Iā€™m saying its okay for you the OP to not respond right away since so much is going on. Sorry, i do realize it sounds a bit confusing.

@Raptae Hi, I am so glad Muffin is doing better. I am also glad I was up that night to help you through a time when you needed someone. I enjoyed our conversation and getting to know you better, as well as Muffin. I am not a vet, just a RN, which I let you know in the beginning and called someone more educated in bird illnesses. She had helped me with my poor girl after the possum attack.
It sounds like you did a really good job. Congratulations, and I would like to hear how things are going, whenever you have time or feel like typing something on BYC. Please don't feel obligated to post. I am just glad things are going well for Muffin. :hugs

I think they were asking since broilers are meat birds, they develop health problems a lot because they are meant to be butchered at a certain time.
Of course, not saying they must be butchered before then, but i think thats why they are asking.
I'm making no assumptions about built in health issues for the bird. I do know health issues of this sort are time sensitive and images are extremely informative. Information of value is what has not been available.

I'm making no assumptions about built in health issues for the bird. I do know health issues of this sort are time sensitive and images are extremely informative. Information of value is what has not been available.
Sorry if i made it sound as if you were but that definitely wasnā€™t what i was trying to get by. All i said was that you asked since they are a broiler. I did not say you asked because they develop health problems, that was in my own words. I was simply saying that the question was probably being asked due to the fact broilers are considered a meat bird. This does not mean they must be eaten, the same goes for egg laying birds, the eggs do not need to be used.

OP was aware of this from the start as someone had mentioned this topic already due to the concerns of her falling, i might be wrong but didnā€™t OP already fix the problem?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom