My kids love chickens/what about yours?

Wow chickenranchwife those kids are literal in love with those babies. What kind of Duck is that in the pic with you nephew. I haven't ever seen one that looks like that. Cute kids, your duaghter has those drop dead grogeous eyes like my daughter has... It is eyes like that , that will have all the boys after them , and causing headaches and heart aches when they get older!!!
tongue.png

I am sorry to here you lost the duck, I just went out and found one of our baby chicks dead. So I totally know how yo0u feel.

Angie, that pic of your daughter with that white chicken is the most adoreable pic I've seen!!!

Royal Oaks I copied your pen pic to send to my hubby...hint, hint....
tongue.png

Pic's coming soon of the twins & Geneva with chicks....

OK, I'll share a few also. My kids love the chickens. My daughter is a great help and insists on getting the eggs everyday. Her favorite chicken is our only bantam, Jr., a mille fleur d'uccle. She will be 4 in November and our son will be 1 in September. Enjoy.

raigan002af8.jpg

hens003ow4.jpg

isas001gh5.jpg

chicks008jw7.jpg

07chicks010jh0.jpg

1week005kg1.jpg

My girls, Valerie (13) and Patricia (12) weren't insterested in getting chickens, but after 13 yrs we moved to a place big enough to keep them, so for a starter we did a 4-H project (I think we ended up cooking the eggs), they didn't want to do that... at first... now they are as crazy about chickens as I am!! My oldest (Valerie) has had her heart set on Frizzled Cochin bantams and will be getting 5 from hoffman hatchery soon!!

Picture148.jpg

Picture147.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad so many people have blessed their kids with the experience for raising and caring for cickens. It is something I wish every parent could or would do.

Oh, I love all of your pics so much... I have to try to post a few too. My kids are 12, 10, 8, 4 and 2. they all love the chickens! It's a great family project in ways that we never expected!

I would love to post a few pics but I can't figure out how to do it? If anyone is up for explaining it to me please send me an e-mail, or maybe post here so that anyone else who is challenged like me can join in too!

Hope your all having a great day!!!

go to FAQ's
look for posting pictures

we couldn't do it the first way

the 2nd set of instructions worked but 1st we had to set up an accout through photobucket.com it is free!

I think I set up 3 accounts (I didn't know they had went through) becase I didn't want to put my cell phone # in!

but, if you uncheck to chance to win a contest you do not need a phone #

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom