My kids love chickens/what about yours?

Chicken ranch wife- I wish you would post those pics every one would love to see them!!
Angie in Maine I think that the pictures of your baby girl ought to be put in Country magizine.
Come on people show us your babies holding your feathered babies!!!

My kids are not kids anymore.

I have an 18 yo son at Ft. Benning GA. I have a 20 yo daughter who will be leaving in August for Ft. Gordon GA. And a 21 yo son.

Here's a pic of my daughter Yasmin (4 years old) holding "June Bug" at our last show. June Bug had won Reserve of Breed at her first show so Yasmin was giving her a big hug for her great accomplishment
love.gif

yasmin.jpg

Well cherri they will always be your babies so throw in a pic or two.
tongue.png
Theres no age limit when you stop being a kid, if you got a pic with them holding a chicken throw it in and we will look at it.

Quote:
I only have one at home and right now she is in Dallas. I am going to develop some film where I have a good pic of Rowdy and Rocky. I will get her to pose with the chicks. She doesn't like the boys too much.

All these pictures are great. And I have a firm belief that kids who grow up around animals, understand so much more than those who don't . They also seem to be more mature, and have self pride when they get hands on experience raising an animal. I am a huge 4-H FFA adovcate. Even to kids who cant actually raise an animal. they learn so many life skills and get rewarded for their effort, Even kids who dont get blue ribbons. They offer kids every thing in our county they offer scholar ships to hard working kids. That is why I love seeing all your kids with their birds. And parents should feel proud of the knowledge they are teaching their kids just by letting them help with their chickens. My duaghter is nine years old and she can name a bunch of the different breeds the chickens anatomy, and the different stages of a chick growing inside of an egg. Sometimes she teaches me things that I didnt know.

I would love to share pic's - I took a ton tonight myself of my 16 yr old twins, the chicks, the dog, and you'll love the movies of the cockatiel with the chick's trying to hit on them!!

Thanks, Alleyoops25 for the kind comments.
big_smile.png
We think she's a cutie, too. I can't wait until she's old enough to be in 4-H, that is something I'd love her to be in it. I know I enjoyed it when I was involved with 4-H.
smile.png

:lol:Well momoftwins, where are they? the more picks the better. It would be cool for everyone to add their pics.I like the pic of Yasmin as well. It is so funny to see these little ones holding birds as big as they are

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom