My lab keeps coughing and throwing up

huskergirl

Hatching
Aug 2, 2016
eed help please!! My dog is coughing and has been for a few days... We thought since he wasn't throwing up maybe he swallowed something (since kids were here and they had candy no chocolate) so someone told us to try and get him to throw up so we did he just threw up dog food. And then mucus stuff... He felt better for the rest of the day barely coughing then today it's been none stop throwing up mucus. About 4days before this all started he was at the groomers(this one for the first time) but he didn't seem weird when he came home. Please help me he isn't drinking much. He's a lab 6yrs old in October and he is a chunk weighing 106lbs

Take him to the vet. It's very possible he swallowed something he shouldn't have and now it's stuck, causing him to cough and throw up mucus. Or it could be something else, but either way if he's been coughing for days he needs to see a vet.

Last edited:
That sounds bad.. take him to the vet asap. He might have an infection which could also explain the vomit. Or he has something stuck in his throat or somewhere. Im really not sure what it is but definitely take him to the vet just to be safe

He should see a vet, especially if he's been vomiting that much. It could be nothing, but there are some very serious things that could also cause those same signs. Vomiting for days is very serious though, despite what may be the underlying issue.

What did you give him to get him to throw up the first time? If you have him something like hydrogen peroxide, how much did you give him?

Back
Top Bottom