My largely recycled, reused, repurposed, ReStore Coop

Looks great! So fun to see all the women on here building their own coops! I'm doing it too- and pretty much all by myself. Love it! Your
D.gif
are CUTE!

Quote:
I too am doing my own coop. I have no clue what the Heck im doing I have NO powertools so I'm going to rely on freecycle and my friend for cutting my wood at her house. once I get it home n measured how i want it, then take it to her. to cut.

I figured if iget plywood at Lowes of home depot I will tell them cut each sheet into 40x80 squares LOL!!! then just nail each to the pallets and WALLA lol.

Quote:
I tell you what, I find the whole building and working with power tools very satisfying. One of the drawbacks of being a pretty much full-time wife and mother is that most of where I expend my energy is on stuff that just has to be done again a week or a day or an HOUR later (think laundry, groceries and keeping the Darn KITCHEN CLEAN
somad.gif
tongue.gif
rant.gif
I can work all day building a vegetable garden or a chicken coop and come inside happy...dirty and tired, but happy. I somehow don't get the same satisfaction out of wiping off the kitchen counter.

lol power tools Smower tools LOL.. Only power tools I'll be using is if I have lowes or my friend cut holes in the pllywood for the windows..

other then that I"ll be depending on my own 2 hands and a drill. to Screw in screws and nail the nails.. wish I had a nailgun to just BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM lol

Quote:
I tell you what, I find the whole building and working with power tools very satisfying. One of the drawbacks of being a pretty much full-time wife and mother is that most of where I expend my energy is on stuff that just has to be done again a week or a day or an HOUR later (think laundry, groceries and keeping the Darn KITCHEN CLEAN
somad.gif
tongue.gif
rant.gif
I can work all day building a vegetable garden or a chicken coop and come inside happy...dirty and tired, but happy. I somehow don't get the same satisfaction out of wiping off the kitchen counter.

That's because building projects are done when they are done....housekeeping is NEVER done!
tongue.png
I love building things also....my boys always gripe about how every weekend is another project.

Quote:
You must be a very organized person. I thought I had the whole coop designed and even had scale drawings of each wall that needed to be framed before I started work, but I still found myself saying "heck, I guess I forgot to plan for ______" or " now why is this piece 3/4" longer than what I need?" or simply "Crap, messed this one up can I use it somewhere else and do I have another one?" constantly running down to the chop saw and then back up to the coop with another piece of wood that needed cutting or re-cutting. If I had needed to wait for someone else to cut them for me I never would have gotten it done. I don't have a nail-gun, but I'm so very glad I have a power drill/screw driver, a staple gun, a jigsaw, a chop saw and a circular saw.

Back
Top Bottom