My leghorn pullet wont lay eggs.

Junglefowlboss

Chirping
Jun 8, 2016
Mableton,GA
My leghorn is 31 weeks old. I got her May 25. They say shes supposed to lay around 16 or 17 weeks but i get nothing from her.

She really doesn't look mature enough to lay quite yet. Her comb ins't developed enough and she looks small-ish.

If you're positive on her age, you may just have a slow maturing hen. It happens from time to time. She may pick up as the days lengthen, or she may just not be a good layer. No real way to tell at this point, you'll either have to wait it out or cull her.

I dont want to cull her because she is the last surviving leghorn chick out of four and it would be really sad if I was the one the to finish them off.
1f622.png
Ill wait another month and then Ill decide what to do with her. Thanks

Last edited:
I feel your pain. Leghorns are supposed to be wonderful layers, and to be getting nothing......

What happened to the others? If you had illness, that could sure have set her back production-wise.

Unmedicated chick starter to help her get caught up to where she should be. Cracked corn is seriously lacking many essential nutrients and protein that chickens need. It's not a complete feed, it's an occasional treat.

Back
Top Bottom