My leukemia's back.

Good afternoon, all. I am venturing into uncharted waters: Maiden voyage with pressure canner to can chicken. I'm hoping that the finished product is well worth all of the time invested. I figure that each ounce of meat required about 30 minutes of my time!
I LOVE having canned chicken on hand. It makes quick and easy chicken soup, chicken stew, chicken salad, chicken sandwiches, chicken enchiladas... or you can just heat up the contents of the jar and serve over rice or potatoes. If you find you don't like having canned on hand, you can send it all to me! I'll make good use of it for you! :drool

Thanks Sour. He's getting good care at UNM but quite tired of being in and out of the hospital. They are still trying to save the knee and waiting for cultures results to fine tune his antibiotics. Just hanging in there the best we can.

Friday, hoping for good news for your Dad's sake (and yours) :fl

Phil, if your kids turned out 'better' than you, they are superstars because you are one for sure.
Thanks Sour..... It wasn't too long after I left home I found out how wrong everything was.
I always raised my kids right..... Always made sure they knew they were loved.
For some reason the last few days a lot of anger has surfaced over my childhood.
And I'll admit I'm jealous of all you who had wonderful childhoods..... Treasure them my friend's......I grew up in a very dark sad place.
Best thing that ever happened was getting married as a teenager.... Cuz it got both my wife and I away.

@donrae, I'm sorry my first post was short... I have been struggling greatly myself and just couldn't find words.

I'm very sorry for your families loss!

I am praying for you all through this time in your lives!

:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

May God be with you all!

Shey
:hugs

I just find it hard to believe We will never speak to our friend again...... But I'm sure she's watching over us..... It shouldn't have happened..... And I know it.

Good afternoon, all. I am venturing into uncharted waters: Maiden voyage with pressure canner to can chicken. I'm hoping that the finished product is well worth all of the time invested. I figure that each ounce of meat required about 30 minutes of my time!
It should be fine..... My wife has canned meat for years with her's..... And she's good.... Totally self taught inner city girl.

I LOVE having canned chicken on hand. It makes quick and easy chicken soup, chicken stew, chicken salad, chicken sandwiches, chicken enchiladas... or you can just heat up the contents of the jar and serve over rice or potatoes. If you find you don't like having canned on hand, you can send it all to me! I'll make good use of it for you! :drool
You all are making me hungry.

Back
Top Bottom