My leukemia's back.

Good fantasy, better that common sense prevailed.
hugs.gif

Well, I can tell the infection isn't really resolved, but it's manageable. So I'm at peace with it for now. Mom talked with a young woman who had symptoms for months, so I'm counting my blessings!

Now, they called and my labs tested positive for CMV. Funny, they knew I was positive for it pre transplant. But now it's flared or something. They say I won't really notice any symptoms from it, oh but of course we need to start me on yet another medication......like I'm not on enough already.....here's breakfast

Good morning Rachel & team! So now we're talking about the birds and the bees?
lol.png

@3goodeggs , wow, your flower garden is impressive. Love the little dutch couple. Thank you for sharing the photos!

They are new hives. We did a split when the queen started to ball up for swarming. My husband just let them drip into the nuc. But there are no nectar stores in the nuc so we feed them sugar water.
The other hive is from last summer, so they are filling two brood boxes.That is why we were surprised she was ready to swarm, she might be old and is setting them up for her last hur-ra. She is good genes though they are very gentle.

The nectar sources just have now started blooming. I noticed yesterday along the roads to the nursery the yellow dandelions and the phlox were just opening up beautifully, on the way home I noticed the highway mowing crews finishing them off.
I do have a back field full of fleabane, but the garden my flowers are in is too close for my bees to use. They can not communicate to each other sources too close to the hive.
images

I call it my 'bee garden' because I needed a fenced in place to keep the goof ball dog away from the bees. It is more of a butterfly garden and the fence keeps the goofball dog away from my flowers.

The dutch people were out on the road on trash day and the hubby picked them up and put them there. The drift rose is where one of the best dog that ever lived is buried

Last edited:
Blooie, I don't know why but that peanut cluster comment totally hit my funny bone, I literally laughed out loud for several minutes! Thank you.

Jan, I'm so wanting to do bees, but probably not this year.

So, I'm going to talk to my Dr when I get my biopsy results next week and see how much gardening I'll be allowed to do this year. I've been thinking about my garden space and my need to shun the sun. Wearing sunscreen, of course (when they say a sunburn can trigger LIFE-THREATENING graft vs host, you tend to pay attention) but my garden space has no shade at all. Kinda what's made it a good garden space, but I'm thinking either a bench with an arbor or a fruit tree. I'm leaning toward a peach tree and wondering if any of ya'all have advice about that. I have a spot where we raised pigs last year, its 16x16ish. It's pig poop, lots of straw and some pine shavings. We can till it with the tractor and I'm thinking it's going to be some beautiful soil. The area is also raised a bit, a good thing because the whole garden area is low and drainage is an issue. Thoughts? Not good for a tree with the pig poop? I've planted in horse manure before, but not pig.....

Back
Top Bottom