My leukemia's back.

I would to be to pray asking God to send down some cold air to you two in FL.It is a cold 48 degrees tonight!
Just washed my heavy wool blanket today because I thought we were finally done with cold weather.
Lasagna sounds awesome. So does nicely ripe chocolate covered strawberries.
celebrate.gif

Can't wait for the party and for Rachel to be out of there!
big_smile.png

Have a great night Rachel and Team Rachel!

Someone explain sour's potato salad. Did he wipe out an entire pot luck dinner or something?
hu.gif

If You won't eat it, I won't either.
I trust her.
I will eat bunny lady's potato salad.

I am going to bring pasta salad with cowboy candy.
North Fla Chick and I have to keep up the heat. It is our southern obligation.
And pepper poppers! The only thing I can grow in this heat are my peppers.
somad.gif
(That's not anger, that's hot.)
Whatever I bring, It will be heavy on the Jalapeno.
somad.gif
(More hot.)
OH! stuffed Poblanos. Bacon and cheese.
droolin.gif

I guess Rachel is out getting a new outfit to wear to her release.
I be she is really tired of stripes.
...and tabs that don't really close in the back.

Someone explain sour's potato salad. Did he wipe out an entire pot luck dinner or something?
hu.gif

I trust her.

somad.gif
somad.gif
(More hot.)
droolin.gif

Last month someone brought potato salad made with canned potatoes to a church social in Lancaster Ohio. The potatoes were not pressure canned so had botulism in them. 20 people were sickened and one died.

I would steer away from pot luck potato salad make by anyone....

hu.gif

I trust her.

somad.gif
somad.gif
(More hot.)
droolin.gif

@sourland , I trust you, I'll eat your potato salad (but in exchange, I want to see you dance!).

@3goodeggs , I'm with you on the peppers...they're doing the best in our garden. Well that and the zinnias but they're for looks, not eating. And YES on the poppers! And the stuffed Poblanos! You're going to have to explain Cowboy candy, not sure what that is (but if it has "candy" in the name, I'll try it, lol).

What? You no know cowboy candy?

Well, there was a really great thread on here called : "what are you canning now?"
One of the things that was on it was cowboy candy. It is pretty much a bread and butter pickle recipe but you use sliced Jalapenos instead of cucumbers. They are fantastic in potato salad and pasta salad. I have also been known to eat them out of the jar with a spoon. And the pickle juice is great to grill with.

Last year was a puny pepper year, but this year I have it growing on!
wink.png

There is a recipe sticky somewhere. I will dig and get back with you.

I sound like I am all fire, but I get the potato peeler and core out the seeds, then the vinegar and sugar take out some heat, also, if you soak them overnight covered in the refrigerator you can pour off a lot of heat- But wear a mask because it is like pepper gas. You can't breath.

Quote: They were water bath canned? I am always afraid someone will do that with the garlic in oil sitting on their counter... If it grows in the ground it has to be pressure canned.
I do not even add garlic to my canned tomatoes.

My mother got a master's degree in micro biology. She had some serious contempt for bacteria. Not that she was a very sterile person.
She was on the other side of that line, like she was daring them to try something.
...That and her driving.
hide.gif

Seriously, I had angels on my shoulders.
and my brother seemed to always have food poisoning.
big_smile.png

They were water bath canned? I am always afraid someone will do that with the garlic in oil sitting on their counter... If it grows in the ground it has to be pressure canned.

My mother got a master's degree in micro biology. She had some serious contempt for bacteria. Not that she was a very sterile person.
She was on the other side of that line, like she was daring them to try something.
...That and her driving.
hide.gif

big_smile.png
One of the articles said that they were not pressure canned so yes, they were water bath canned.

There is something that is good about some exposure to buggies but we should still be careful.

They were water bath canned? I am always afraid someone will do that with the garlic in oil sitting on their counter... If it grows in the ground it has to be pressure canned.

...That and her driving.
hide.gif

big_smile.png

Had to laugh about your microbiologist mother! I had an aunt the same...she taught H.S. biology and didn't think anything of stirring up a gallon of Kool-Ade with the stick end of a butterfly net, lol. As far as I know she didn't make anyone sick but she did manage to burn her house down on Christmas morning (she used extension cords the way some people use duct tape, meaning, for everything).

Back
Top Bottom