My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
  2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Thanks for the link!

3. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    I wouldn't bet on that.[​IMG] But I think we're in the clear - the next full moon is almost 3 weeks away.

As for trusting him - well, they say there's one born every minute.

(For those who don't know, Sour's green potato salad and 'full moon' dance are, um, legendary, and hopefully remain that way)

4. 3goodeggs

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    obviously, I am on the wrong threads.

Oh I bet you would know, bunny lady. I'd imagine that you go through a lot carrots.
    I know potatoes make the solanine poison if they are green, but I had some white carrots grow up out of the ground, and they are green. Do umbels produce anything I should not eat?

Just in case I bring carrot and raisin salad to this wing-dig, I don't want to poison anyone either.

5. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Jan, trust me, you don't want to get into that mess. I did, and look at what it did to me.[​IMG] You could ask anybody - I was the most normal invisible rabbit you'd ever see.

As far as I know, green carrots are OK to eat, though they might not be quite as tasty as the ones that are their proper color. After all, carrot tops are edible, but potato plants certainly aren't.[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  6. 3goodeggs

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I have never eaten a carrot top, but the rabbits like them don't they? And parsley is safe and fennel.

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Ah, yes, the 'Full Moon' dance and green potato salad - legendary.

Rachel, I'm late today - left early for a field trial and just got home. Hope that your day was good - [​IMG]

8. 3goodeggs

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    She's MIA. I am getting worried.
    maybe she's out getting a hat for the shin-dig.

9. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I'm here, I'm here. Sour, how was your trial?

You guys crack me up. Food poisoning and invisible bunny...the places you roam. I love it......

I'm getting frustrated with my stupid swollen feet. The doc said it was probably the Norvasc. So, when I was in the hospital with the UTI from hell, my BP was high. Blamed it on the CSA, one of the anti-rejection meds. Started me on Toprol, maxed out the dosage with no real change in my BP. Added Norvasc, again with no real change in the BP. Discharged me on both, still with borderline high BP. Huh.

I'm thinking to quit the Norvasc for a few days and see if the feet get better. BP was 130/90, not horrible. Myself, I think it was more the fact my bladder was on fire than the CSA.

My mom did get me a new hat, it's orange and white. I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow.

10. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Okay, just talked to Honey and it sounds like we have a new dog......

He was out fishing and found a dog, a fawn and white pit bull mix probably just under a year-ish. With the remote area and condition of the dog, he's pretty sure it was a dump job. I've always said no pits, but apparently Honey and Sugar Monkey have both fallen in love, and Eve thinks he's her vassel. Great. At least the boys are almost out of school so I won't be alone with a puppy long. I did ask Honey to post a found ad on CL, just in case he is honestly lost and we'll have the vet check him for a chip.

We've had three dogs before and done okay, but apparently Eve has had behavior issues while I've been gone so I'm not sure how this is going to work out....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by