My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey

GREEN is good. [​IMG]

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    http://www.schreinersgardens.com/

This should be the link for the garden. It's amazing in person and their prices seem reasonable. They have so many different varieties! I plan to do some on line ordering, after I get those slave boys to build me some flower beds.

3. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Thanks! I can now get some irises that aren't 20 years old and that have some color to them. Be a nice change from the washed out ones planted here by Ken's grandmother -

(And I still think your dog looks like he has Charlie Chaplin painted on his nose! So there! [​IMG])

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  4. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Morning Rachel and Team!

Rachel, I just spent the last 30 minutes drooling over the Iris in the link you provided! Gorgeous and so many different varieties. Unfortunately, photos are about as close as I can get to them. I just found out they don't do well here in FL. [​IMG] @Blooie , plant a few for me!

Have a good day everyone!

5. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    We can grow the blue and yellow flags around ponds and things.

I have decided that I am making hardware cloth boxes to plant my bulbs in. One last attempt to thwart the burrowing animals.
    I like that word, thwart.
    I think that will be my word of the day.

Good morning Rachel, I hope you are able to thwart any interaction with the yipper dog today.

6. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    What, we can??? That's good news! I was just going by what the website said.

Know what you mean about the burrowing animals. Darn moles are everywhere. I hate walking through the yard and suddenly my foot drops down a couple inches. Not to mention the plants they have demolished. Good idea about hardware cloth boxes. We've been talking about making big raised beds and putting the cloth in the bottom of them. $$ will have to be found first though.

Hope you have a thwart-free day!

7. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    @donrae I am a cancer survivor, I am so sorry your going through this again. By my religion, I cannot donate blood but I can be tested as a marrow donor I think. I will check with my Elders. I will keep you and yours in my prayers. I think my blood type is O- or just O, I can look in my files for that. I am cancer free at the moment and otherwise totally healthy. So, if you need me, PM me. ~Michele May God be with you, the angels around you and Jesus be holding your hand the whole time.[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Rachel, [​IMG].

9. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Yesyesyes!!! I'm going home tomorrow!!!

Bring on the party, I'm so excited. I'll come back next week for an appt, but after that just follow up locally.

I'm going home!!!!!!!!!

And yes, I have permission in writing.....I didn't even have to cry.....

1 person likes this.
  10. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Hooray! That's fantastic news! [​IMG]

I'll bring the green chile cheeseburgers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by