My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Do not, for one moment, feel badly about that - that is one of my biggest pet peeves. If the dog gets kicked there is only ONE person to blame, and that would be the rude woman.

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Empathy empathy [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    I think rude little ankle biters are one of my greatest pet peeves. Even greater than that are the people who are OWNED by rude little ankle biters. Nasty creatures, both the 4 legged and the 2 legged. Wanna know how I really feel? Rachel, Hank looks like a very nice boy with an "I aim to please" attitude. BTW, be very careful around that little ankle biter. Your immune system doesn't need any set backs.

4. 3goodeggs

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I still wear the lip scar from my first wiener dog experience.
    My son says I am prejudiced.
    I was three. yes I am.
    The dog was hanging from my lip. Ever see a wiener dog jump?

They get bigger the closer they are to your face.
    I started the lip piercing craze. Mom should have put a ring through the hole.
    I would have.
    mom wasn't cool.[​IMG]

5. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    When I have a dog, I have a dog...not pocket lint with legs and a bad attitude.

6. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    That's what I don't get -- I am not anti-small dog at all, but *I* treat all my dogs - and those I work with - (big or small) as a dog first. I will tolerate, accept and expect nothing more or nothing less from a small dog than I will a large dog. Unfortunately, many folks fall into the "but it's so small" trap and label behaviors that would be found to be abhorrent from a GSD to be adorable in a Chihuahua. the perception that a small dog is not a threat is what leads to so many incidents of serious dog bites, etc involving small breeds. Take a dog that already often feels more threatened just by virtue of it's small size and the fact that the whole world looms over it, add in a complete lack of training or, worse, encouragement of bad behavior in the name of cuteness and you have a recipe for disaster.

7. 3goodeggs

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    yep. We let the puppy up on the couch, and now we sit on the floor.

Not really. She scoots over as little.

8. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Just popping in to say HI. [​IMG] I'm sure things at the hotel will get more and more irritating the closer you get to your release date, but hang in there!

You are doing great and I hope you stay healthy. As we all know, the last few weeks of anything are a killer!

9. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Thanks for the emotional back up on the dog issue. She's still sitting out there with the dog not leashed...sigh.

So, Mom and I went out this am, back to the iris farm the guys took me to for Mothers day. So many beautiful, beautiful flowers. Let me see if the tablet will cooperate with pictures..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Oh, I want 1 of each color they have, love Iris. Nice pictures

Rachel, sorry you have an inconsiderate neighbor. That must just add to the antsiness of having to wait to go home.

You're almost there!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by